Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I send an iMessage to an e-mail, the recipient cannot read the words until the attachment is opened... Anyway we can get around this and have the words show up in the email?

Any Advice?

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 12:21 PM

3 replies

Apr 20, 2015 12:28 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

I dispatch service technicians by email to phone numbers. They receive the message on their phone and they reply. Never had a problem with Samsung or any other phone until one technician got an iPhone... ? Any solution that doesn't involve opening up an email every hour on their phone would be helpful. Email apps are time consuming and costly to the business.

Apr 20, 2015 12:40 PM in response to JefftheActivist

iMessages are not emails. Period. If your recipients are getting SMS messages as email, it is because there is a mechanism for doing so in the delivery system. It evidently uses a windows mail encode for attachments and those on iOS do not see them as embedded. If you want them to use text, and not have to open an email app, use text on both ends. Why does email come into play in the first place if you do not wish to use it? SMS texting is dirt cheap and simple to use.

When I send an iMessage to an e-mail, the recipient cannot read the words until the attachment is opened... Anyway we can get around this and have the words show up in the email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.