Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I permanently delete content from iTunes

I would like the ability to delete media content from my apple/itunes/icloud account so that it is no longer available. Gone for good. There has been content over the years that is no longer necessary and I want it gone, not just hidden. Gone. I no longer want to own it. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 1:52 PM

1 reply

Apr 20, 2015 2:53 PM in response to Nate_Williams

Click on the song, podcast episode, etc. once to select it. Hit the delete key. If you get a dialog box offering you the option of deleting it from the library (not usually the default) make sure to do so, otherwise it will not appear in iTunes but will continue to use space on your hard drive.

On the whole you shouldn't tamper with the Library in the Finder. If you have deleted items so that they no longer appear in iTunes but still exist in the library in the Finder you should be able to delete them without issue, but don't delete anything in the Finder if it still appears in iTunes.

How do I permanently delete content from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.