Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my MacBook Air lose WiFi connectivity?

I recently was told by Verizon that I had to upgrade my router to their new wireless one. I did so, restored my Airport Express to factory defaults and then joined it to the network supported by the new Verizon router. Ever since my MacBook Air loses WiFi connectivity intermittently. It shows the Airport signal as live and that the computer is connected and weirdly if I reselect the network it (despite it being already selected) it will "kick-start" the MacBook Air to reestablish connectivity. Anyone have an idea about what is going on? I had hear that MacBook Air had an issue with this years ago but not sure if this is that old problem creeping back up or some other issue.

Thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 2:22 PM

1 reply

Apr 20, 2015 2:33 PM in response to barket15

When you reset the AirPort Express to join your "new" network, you deleted all of the old wireless settings from the Express to give it a fresh start.

Did you remember to delete all of the old WiFi networks that your MacBook Air has joined in the past....including the listing for the "old" Verizon network?

If not, that would be the first thing that you would want to do on the MacBook Air......to delete any old and possibly conflicting settings.

If you are not sure how to do this, post back for more instructions.

Why does my MacBook Air lose WiFi connectivity?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.