Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Starting Firefox causes mac to request reboot, only option

My MacBook Pro gives me a reboot screen every time I try to load Firefox. No options, other than the reboot. Prompt is in many languages. Have tried loading safemode and then clearing everything, also have deleted and reinstalled.

All solutions cause the same results.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 2:30 PM

3 replies

Apr 21, 2015 7:58 AM in response to rdubyab

Do a backup, using either Time Machine or a cloning program, to ensure files/data can be recovered. Two backups are better than one.

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. If Back-to-My Mac is selected in System Preferences, the Guest account will not work. The intent is to see if it is specific to one account or a system wide problem. This account can be deleted later.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

Apr 24, 2015 11:13 AM in response to WZZZ

Forgot to mention: try starting Firefox in Safe Mode by holding down the Option key when opening it. As you might have a problematic Add-on, this will load Firefox without any. If it opens without issue, it's probably some Add-on you installed--perhaps one not approved by Mozilla.

Starting Firefox causes mac to request reboot, only option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.