Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Smart Playlist' is iTunes Match bug

After a long long battle with iTunes Match because of its buggy performance on my iOS devices (iphone and ipad), I found out that using the Smart Playlist function is the main driver for the unreliable music library on your devices, including duplicate songs, problems with syncing, etc. No more persistent songs after deleting all Smart Playlists.

How to:

Remove your Smart Playlists in iTunes (on Mac)

On your iOS device:

iTunes sign out (settings > itunes & app store)

Clear music library (settings > usage > manage storage > music > delete all songs)

Open Music app to check if library is empty (and hard close: double press home button and swipe up app)

iTunes sign in (settings > itunes & app store)

Enable iTunes Match and automatic music downloads

Open Music app to load fresh iTunes library

For offline listening do not forget to download songs by pressing the cloud symbol within the Music app.

Please consider this recommendation if you prefer a reliable iTunes Match service.

I hope this post helps you out of your frustration AND I hope Apple will debug the feature a.s.a.p.

I am so very happy it is finally working on all my devices. Cheers

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 2:22 PM

1 reply

'Smart Playlist' is iTunes Match bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.