Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Sharing Photos with Apple TV using iTunes 12.1.2 and Photos and Photos 1.0

I have upgraded to OS X 10.10.3 and am using Photos 1.0 and iTunes 12.1.2

Previously I was able to share photos from my iPhoto library to my Apple TV (black versions) and select individual albums to share. My photos are stored on an external drive due to the size of the library.

I would do this using the command

File --> Choose Photos to Share With Apple TV

Now with Photos 1.0 and iTunes 12.1.2, I am unable to select the Photos library on the external drive when choosing a folder that the Photos Library resides in.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 2:50 PM

10 replies

Apr 25, 2015 2:56 AM in response to Shireres

I've solved the problem.

In Photos, Select Preferences. In the General Tab, make sure that the path to your external Photos library shows in the Library Location. Then click on the Use as System Library Photo Library button.

In iTunes 12.1.12, you will now be able to select your specific albums as before.

I updated my Apple TVs to the latest updates.

The specific photo albums can be accessed in Apple TV now.

Apr 25, 2015 8:52 AM in response to Shireres

Thanks - the strange thing is that there used to be a menu item for "Photos" under the computer menu in the Apple TV, but there isn't any more.

It is the same on both Apple TVs (both running the latest software). I've restarted both Apple TVs and the Mac running iTunes and it never shows up.

I do see the photos as an option to use for the screen saver, so I know that the Apple TVs both see the iTunes library. But there is no option that I can find to just do a slideshow from them like there used to be.

Home Sharing Photos with Apple TV using iTunes 12.1.2 and Photos and Photos 1.0

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.