Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Extending wifi range with Airport Express

hello

i am trouble setting up my new airport express to extend my wifi range.

FIrst airport express (A1) - Model A 1392 - is connected to Internet modem via cable. Internet is on and green light viisible on airport utility On ipad 2 Running 8.2

Second airport express (A2) - model A 1392 - is approx 15m away from A1 and I am trying to connect wirelessly Using airport utility on iPad 2. the wifi signal of A1 is visible.

on airport utility I can see Internet signal (green light) and A1 (green light) but I can't see A2 at all. I have reset the A2 but still no signal. The amber light on a2 is flashing Slowly.

airport utility has the latest update

I Would appreciate any assistance. Thank you.

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 3:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 3:23 AM

It appears that the second AirPort Express has been reset to factory defaults, so that it is correct.

Have you performed the following on your iPad, as detailed in the Setup Guide (page 12) for the AirPort Express?

On the iPad home screen, tap Settings (the gear icon)

Tap WiFi on the next page

Look for a listing of Setup a New AirPort Base Station in the center of the next page and just below that.....

Tap on AirPort Express

That will get the setup wizard running, and it will take a minute to analyze things and then suggest that the second Express will be set up to extend the network provided by the first Express

Tap in a name......like Express2, for example......for the second Express and tap Next

The setup wizard will configure everything for you. When you see the message of Setup Complete, tap Done.....and you are done.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2015 3:23 AM in response to PaulOByrne

It appears that the second AirPort Express has been reset to factory defaults, so that it is correct.

Have you performed the following on your iPad, as detailed in the Setup Guide (page 12) for the AirPort Express?

On the iPad home screen, tap Settings (the gear icon)

Tap WiFi on the next page

Look for a listing of Setup a New AirPort Base Station in the center of the next page and just below that.....

Tap on AirPort Express

That will get the setup wizard running, and it will take a minute to analyze things and then suggest that the second Express will be set up to extend the network provided by the first Express

Tap in a name......like Express2, for example......for the second Express and tap Next

The setup wizard will configure everything for you. When you see the message of Setup Complete, tap Done.....and you are done.

Extending wifi range with Airport Express

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.