Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not showing up in iMessage

I recently updated to iOS 8.3. In iMessage and SMS conversation, when I send or receive a photo, it appears for a half second then turns into a black message bubble. The photo is saved in the Details of the conversation, but it does not appear in the conversation and i am not alerted when i receive a photo.

I have restarted the phone and isgned in and out of iMessage. Does anyone have a solution for this?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 3:59 PM

1 reply

Aug 16, 2015 1:01 PM in response to JOSHLQ90

User uploaded file

Same Problem. I have latest 8.4.1 update but started b4 i updated to 8.4. My iMessage crashed first, then i couldnt access my message nor contacts in message. then i couldnt make any call with my phone. Called apple, they said to restore phone and now the above started happening after restoring. i am going to try restoring AGAIN since i tried other threads suggestions about logging out of messages, iCloud, FaceTime and iTunes account didn't work. My pictures, like mentioned in first post, show bubbles in conversations but work and come up in the details under attachments as viewable pictures.

Photos not showing up in iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.