Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

recovery fail

long story short, I recently had a problem with my laptop and had to erase/wipe it out, even tho I had to back up ! but I need my laptop for my up coming exams and can't wait for an Apple genuise bar apointment. It all went fine and I started downloading my itunes and stuff, but the next day I woke up to find out that my laptop was wipedout again and displaying a grey screen with a questoin mark inside a file shape, when tying to boot into recovery mode and after clicking on reinstalle and going through the prosses, it just doesnt give me any HD as an option to download/installe OX S and I'm unable to find a HD disk on the Disk Utility. please help !!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 3:42 PM

Your hard drive appears to have died but may no longer be properly connected; in either case, the computer needs to be opened up. In the case of a failed drive, it needs to be replaced, and any data on it can only be recovered by a service such as DriveSavers, which may charge hundreds or thousands of dollars.

(126421)

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2015 3:42 PM in response to youliosco

Your hard drive appears to have died but may no longer be properly connected; in either case, the computer needs to be opened up. In the case of a failed drive, it needs to be replaced, and any data on it can only be recovered by a service such as DriveSavers, which may charge hundreds or thousands of dollars.

(126421)

recovery fail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.