Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite stuck on upload

IIt's been loading now for 2 hours and the progress bar is stuck on around 59%, should I switch it off or could this cause problems?

iMac, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 3:47 PM

3 replies

Apr 21, 2015 7:59 AM in response to blackdogaudio

Hi, Im new to this but I seem to have a similar problem with the new update. My computer refuses to restart as requested for the update. I too had difficulty with the actual download running slow. I cancelled and rebooted, finally getting the download. Now it seems stuck needing to restart to finish the update. It also won't restart on command. I've even unplugged it hoping for a full restart. No effect. Can you offer another suggestion?

Apr 21, 2015 2:56 PM in response to Social Ninja

I'd leave it up and running as long as you see a progress bar and even if it doesn't advance. I've had several updates in the past that appeared to hang for along time but they eventually finished after 30 minutes or so.

If no progress bar is seen after a reboot, try rebooting again but in Safe Boot this time finally followed by another normal reboot.

Yosemite stuck on upload

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.