Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad mini says to connect to itunes, and I try to restore it, but after its done extracting a message comes up saying that device is not found, is there anyway i can fix this? I don't care if i don't get my stuff back

My iPad mini says to connect to iTunes, and I try to restore it, but after its done extracting a message comes up saying that device is not found, is there anyway i can fix this? I don't care if i don't get my stuff back, i just want my iPad restored to its starting settings.

iPad Mini

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 4:24 PM

2 replies

Apr 20, 2015 5:14 PM in response to JATalexander

If everything else that you try fails, I would try using another computer. Since you don't care about saving any data, any computer that is running the latest version of iTunes might be able to restore the iPad. You could make an appointment at an Apple Store Genius Bar and they can do it for you.

If that isn't feasible for you, try using a different cable, a different USB port. reboot the computer, and reset the iPad by holding down on the sleep and home buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen. Then try again.

my ipad mini says to connect to itunes, and I try to restore it, but after its done extracting a message comes up saying that device is not found, is there anyway i can fix this? I don't care if i don't get my stuff back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.