Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

The all-new Logic Pro for iPad and Mac delivers breakthrough music-making experiences. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loading old (Pre-X) projects

Hi all,

I have songs saved in Logic 9 format - all the sampler instruments are saved in the project folder in a subfolder "Sampler Instruments" and the associated samples are saved in another subfolder "Samples" - basically, just as Logic 9 planned it....

When I try to load the project in X, I am prompted for a new file destination, as I understand X needs to create its own version.....that's fine by me....

But it refuses to load EXS patches and samples that have been legitimately saved, so when I hit "play" what I get is a cacophony of low sine waves....not good. Have tried to load the patches manually with no success.

Anybody want to help an old man out here?

TIA

Matthew

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 5:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2015 3:01 PM

I haven't come across such an issue before...

When I loaded in older LP9 projects in the past, into LPX the EXS24 samples come across as expected.. so something else must be going on....

If you open a new project in LPX and then manually try and load a patch into EXS24..... from one of these project folders what happens? Do you see any error messages?

Failing that, you might want to try importing the various tracks from an LP9 project into a new LPX project using Selective Track Import (STI)

http://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-use-selective-track-import-in-logic-p ro-9--audio-3181

Note: This tutorial is for LP9 but STI works in much the same way in LPX...

I would suggest you import just one of your tracks from an LP9 project that use EXS24 and some samples.. into a brand new project... and again, see what happens..

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2015 3:01 PM in response to Matthew Vaughan1

I haven't come across such an issue before...

When I loaded in older LP9 projects in the past, into LPX the EXS24 samples come across as expected.. so something else must be going on....

If you open a new project in LPX and then manually try and load a patch into EXS24..... from one of these project folders what happens? Do you see any error messages?

Failing that, you might want to try importing the various tracks from an LP9 project into a new LPX project using Selective Track Import (STI)

http://music.tutsplus.com/tutorials/how-to-use-selective-track-import-in-logic-p ro-9--audio-3181

Note: This tutorial is for LP9 but STI works in much the same way in LPX...

I would suggest you import just one of your tracks from an LP9 project that use EXS24 and some samples.. into a brand new project... and again, see what happens..

Loading old (Pre-X) projects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.