Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I connect to my home WiFi after the 8.3 update?

I have updated my iPhone 6 to the latest iOS 8.3 and now I cannot connect to my WiFi at home, why? I've done a clean install and rebooted my home router and still no connection. However the device does connect to my workplace WiFi. All my other devices are connecting to home router as well.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 5:44 PM

4 replies

Apr 20, 2015 6:00 PM in response to oftheriver

Do you get an error message?

Reboot your router again, but this time do it by removing all power for about 30 seconds.

If it still doesn't connect and doesn't display an error, wait 1 minute after selecting the SSID on the phone, then go to Settings/WiFi and tap on the i next to the SSID. Look at the IP address. If it begins 169.254 then it's a router problem; the router has failed to assign an IP address to the phone within 30 seconds of a request from the phone. The phone then self-assigned an ad hoc IP address.

Apr 21, 2015 7:06 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thanks again Lawrence, hadn't tried that reset. Went in and reset, but still no go, getting the "incorrect password" notice. I got in touch with Apple and scheduled appointment to take phone in for diagnostics test. Hopefully they can replicate the issue. Very strange experience with the device as my work iPhone 5s that is updated is connecting to my home router. At this point I have reset router and phone at least twice. Anyway, appreciate the assist in trying to track down my issue here.

Why can't I connect to my home WiFi after the 8.3 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.