Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photo library stuck on uploading

Most up to date iOS on my iPhone 5. Most of my photos/videos have uploaded to iCloud Photo Library just fine over the past week, but it is now stuck uploading 33 items to iCloud Photo Library. I'm at home, connected to WiFi and plugged into power. Not only is it stuck uploading, it seems to be making my wifi network connection very slow even on my MacBook Air. I finally turned the phone off to search this problem but found no answers. Hope someone can assist. I have about 20 iPhone videos from this past weekend that should be uploading, but none of them is more than 45 to 60 seconds long so even if that slows it down it shouldn't stop it from uploading at all. Been stuck on 33 for awhile.

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 5:47 PM

4 replies

Apr 20, 2015 6:16 PM in response to Csound1

I just Airdropped the longest movie (1.5 minutes) to my laptop and it is 193MB. I had turned my phone off to improve (hopefully) my internet connection in order to search this problem. Just turned it back on and it now says uploading 34 items (guess it found another one while it was off 😉) In answer to upload speed - googled a site to check it and it seemed to be stuck getting there. So I turned the phone back off and it then worked right away. Said the download speed was 15.67, and the upload speed was 1.68 Gave an example that it would take about a minute to upload an 8mb photo gallery. Evidently that is a contributing factor, but I still can't see how that would just STOP everything from working and how eventually there would be at least some movement. My phone is usually not within range of the wifi during the night. Maybe I will leave it downstairs and see if it will budge overnight?

iCloud photo library stuck on uploading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.