Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes 12.1.2 freezes when detecting iPhone in windows 7

Hello!

I've just reformatted my laptop and installed windows 7 home.

did all the windows update, downloaded the latest iTunes 12.1.2 from Apple site.

installed successfully. and is able to launch and play music. i've added in only one song to the library to just test.

Here's the problem i'm facing now.

- iTunes freezes if i tried to going to preferences via Edit > Preferences.

- iTunes freezes when my iPhone 6 (iOS 8.1) is plugged in. the iPhone appears under my computer, but iTunes is unable to detect/freezes.

tried these methods

- iTunes: May become unresponsive when connecting iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

- re-installing iTunes multiple times, restarted my iPhone multiple times

- running iTunes on safe mode, but i doubt this will make any difference since there are no plugins installed.

- phone does not have any podcasts/videos

- tried running iTunes in compatibility mode

- cable used is original apple cable

- created another windows user account, same problem persist.

- tried all 3 USB ports

- uninstalling apple device drivers and installing

- tried to revert back to iTunes 11.4 or older iTunes 12 version, but encounter installation errors with Apple Mobile Device.

findings

- iTunes 12.1.2 is able to detect my phone on windows8.1 (office machine)

- able to access iPhone under my computer to retrieve images/videos

- able to charge iPhone via USB

- running iTunes diagnosis states that iTunes is unable to detect any iPod/iPhone/iPad when my iPhone 6 is plugged in

- using iTunes with iPhone had been no issue before the windows re-installation with iTunes 11.4 (if i never remembered the version wrongly, it's the red icon iTunes)

- Apple mobile device is working fine when i've checked under services.

- Under device manager, the apple mobile device is shown up in the USB list

would be grateful for any help! been trying to get this fixed to do a backup and sync my other stuffs.

thanks in advance!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1, Windows 7 Home

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 6:12 PM

2 replies

Jun 27, 2015 1:28 PM in response to supermegaduperkurt

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try theiTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

Your library should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

If you have a 64-bit system try the for older video cards version. It is a 64-bit installer for mainly 32-bit code, similar to all 64-bit releases prior to 12.1. You may find it more stable.

tt2

Itunes 12.1.2 freezes when detecting iPhone in windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.