Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

read ibooks on PC?

Hi everyone.

I'm doing a web-based training program. I need 2 books that are for sale through the training companies website.

The books are available for purchase & download though iTunes.

I use iTunes on my windows PC, so I went ahead and purchased the books .... then discovered that I can't read them!

I installed Adobe Digital Editions 4.0 ... and this seems to open the books - I can see the page numbers and view the contents, but the pages are blank.

I do not have a iPad or similar device, only my home windows PC.

Surely there must be some way or program that will allow me to read the books that I have purchased on my PC?

(I have contacted the training organization, and the books are not available in any other format).

Thanks for your help.

iBook, Windows Vista

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 8:05 PM

1 reply

Apr 21, 2015 9:33 PM in response to Shelly1205A

Shelly1205A wrote:

Surely there must be some way or program that will allow me to read the books that I have purchased on my PC?

Probably not. Go to the purchase page in iTunes for those books and read the Requirements section. It should tell you right there that an Apple device is required.

Most paid for books in Apple's iBookstore have DRM which makes it impossible to read them on other platforms. To read books on a PC you normally need to buy them somewhere else, such as Amazon, Nook, Kobo, Google, or Sony.

Use the Report a Problem link on your receipt to ask for refund.

read ibooks on PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.