Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to take a picture with my mac bok pro???

Years ago I took pictures and selfies with my MacBook Pro. After spending a lot of time only using my phone to take pics I'm only trying now to take one simple pic of my dog on the other side of my computer screen tonight. Now I can't seem to find out how to do this. The i-Photo at the bottom of the screen only shows me old photos and asks for locations. No. I try to look for help on my Mac to no avail. THE REST OF MY MICROSOFT FRIENDLY FAMILY ARE AMUSED. The 'support' is horrible, I find out through YAHOO - not Apple or my computer - that I need to go through Photo Booth. I remember seeing that years ago. Why is there no photo booth icon at the bottom of my screen??? When did it change to i-Photo, and why aren't the two integrated?? Why do I have to find answers through yahoo? I managed to get photo booth up for a while on my mac book, but seriously, I can't be doing this all the time, now it's gone again and still I have no pic of my dog hating the back of my screen. And I can't find it again! The question is still: How do I take a photo with my mac book? Please DO NOT refer me to a link. NOT LOOKING FOR AN AUTOMATED ANSWER. Also, some additional feedback, Siri is really inferior compared to OK Google in providing directions, answering general questions (understanding voice questions and providing answers) and making voice command calls. I will not be buying an Apple watch for now. I need to see a lot of other improvements, even only how to ask questions about existing products and features and get snappy answers, before I invest in a new Apple product. Disappointed, I always rooted for Apple.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 12:47 AM

Feel all better now?

1. The Photo Booth.app is located in the Applications directory of Macintosh HD on Mac OS X systems. But some Microsoft Friendly Family conspirator might have changed the name of the internal storage device, removed the Photo Booth.app icon from the Dock, or possibly deleted the app.

2. Photo Booth.app never DID change to iPhoto.app, or Photos.app. It always was and still is Photo Booth.app.

3. iPhoto and Photos (introduced in Yosemite 10.10.3) are separate programs primarily designed for organizing and editing digital photos, and cannot take selfies.

Once you 'snap' an image with Photo Booth, the images are displayed in the 'film roll' that appears at the bottom of the Photo Booth application after you snap the first image. Clicking on an image in that film roll will select it. Control+clicking offers the option to export or delete the image. Once an image is selected with a single click, click the "upload" icon beneath the film roll to see the options available.

(Yosemite 10.10.2 version illustrated below. Screen transparency means that the background image colors bleed through the menus illustrated below.)

User uploaded file

4. There is a fast way to find and start the application called Photo Booth.app.

Click on the Spotlight icon in the upper right corner of your computer screen to search your computer for Photo Booth.app. Yes, there is a space between the words Photo and Booth. Press the enter/return key to open the application which will also enable the user-facing camera and illuminate a green LED.

Click the red button to initiate a 3-step countdown and a simulated flash of the screen to provide more light.

5. Once Photo Booth.app is open and running, 'right click' (if the Secondary click feature of your mouse or trackpad has been enabled in , System Preferences) on the Photo Booth program icon in the bottom 'Dock' of your screen, and select Options, Keep In Dock. That will keep the Photo Booth icon in the bottom program dock for fast future use.

User uploaded file

Save your rant. It is a violation of Terms of Use, and moderators will delete your messages. If you persist, ranting will get you banned from these forums for repeated violations. You are talking to volunteers here, not "Apple Inc." Provide meaningful feedback directly to Apple at apple.com/feedback, or click on Contact Us at the bottom of any forum support page.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2015 12:47 AM in response to parina1

Feel all better now?

1. The Photo Booth.app is located in the Applications directory of Macintosh HD on Mac OS X systems. But some Microsoft Friendly Family conspirator might have changed the name of the internal storage device, removed the Photo Booth.app icon from the Dock, or possibly deleted the app.

2. Photo Booth.app never DID change to iPhoto.app, or Photos.app. It always was and still is Photo Booth.app.

3. iPhoto and Photos (introduced in Yosemite 10.10.3) are separate programs primarily designed for organizing and editing digital photos, and cannot take selfies.

Once you 'snap' an image with Photo Booth, the images are displayed in the 'film roll' that appears at the bottom of the Photo Booth application after you snap the first image. Clicking on an image in that film roll will select it. Control+clicking offers the option to export or delete the image. Once an image is selected with a single click, click the "upload" icon beneath the film roll to see the options available.

(Yosemite 10.10.2 version illustrated below. Screen transparency means that the background image colors bleed through the menus illustrated below.)

User uploaded file

4. There is a fast way to find and start the application called Photo Booth.app.

Click on the Spotlight icon in the upper right corner of your computer screen to search your computer for Photo Booth.app. Yes, there is a space between the words Photo and Booth. Press the enter/return key to open the application which will also enable the user-facing camera and illuminate a green LED.

Click the red button to initiate a 3-step countdown and a simulated flash of the screen to provide more light.

5. Once Photo Booth.app is open and running, 'right click' (if the Secondary click feature of your mouse or trackpad has been enabled in , System Preferences) on the Photo Booth program icon in the bottom 'Dock' of your screen, and select Options, Keep In Dock. That will keep the Photo Booth icon in the bottom program dock for fast future use.

User uploaded file

Save your rant. It is a violation of Terms of Use, and moderators will delete your messages. If you persist, ranting will get you banned from these forums for repeated violations. You are talking to volunteers here, not "Apple Inc." Provide meaningful feedback directly to Apple at apple.com/feedback, or click on Contact Us at the bottom of any forum support page.

how to take a picture with my mac bok pro???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.