Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove a '+' inside a square

I cannot get rid of a plus sign inside a square on a map in Keynote. Can anyone tell me what it is and how I can get rid of it?

I'm using version 6.2.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 9:55 PM

6 replies

Apr 22, 2015 7:33 PM in response to Gary Scotland

User uploaded file

Dear Gary,

Thanks for the reply. I am Guy's partner, Jenny. Guy is helping me with a Keynote presentation.

The map is one I drew myself and the sign appeared after Guy fiddled around with it, and it is still there. However when I show the whole program it does not appear. So, in a way, I guess the problem has solved itself, but I would like to know what it is.

The base map is in Photoshop and I added the red roads in Keynote. So what is that "+" sign doing there and how do I get rid of it?

Also, talking about lines, is it possible, as it is in, say, Photoshop, to alter the control points of a line after it has been locked in? I can alter the overall shape by the eight handles around the edge, but not the individual control points.

Thanks so much for being there to help.

Jenny

Apr 26, 2015 9:11 PM in response to Guy Burns

A plus sign on a Keynote text box indicate parts of the text is hidden, Text or blank spaces before or after the visible text, where the text box is reduced in size will cause this. Click the plus sign to select the text box, expand the bounding box and remove unwanted text or spaces.

The plus sign does not interfere with the slide, its just a reminder that there is hidden text.

To edit the line, click on the line to select, then; Format > Shapes & Lines > Make Editable

Apr 24, 2015 7:39 PM in response to Gary Scotland

Dear Gary,

Thanks for the hints. Editing the lines worked well, but the plus sign is still there. It seems to be part of the line not text.

That useless Guy got me into this mess and now he can't get me out of it.

Here is a link to the whole map with the plus sign if you would like to see it:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5bzyz7h39qphn8q/Outer_Hebrides_01_copy.key.zip

Thank you again for your help,

Jenny

Apr 26, 2015 9:12 PM in response to Guy Burns

Its as I suggested; but instead of a text box its a curve thats hiding.

Click on the curve above and to the left of the red circe to select the curve.

User uploaded file

if you click and drag out one of the handles on the bounding box, the curve will resize and eventually the plus sign will disappear when its enlarged to its original size.

User uploaded file

This is not a fault, its just telling you that particular curve has been reduced in size, no need to do any thing.

If it bothers you that much, delete it and redraw but don't reduce the size of the bounding box.

I have friends who have a farm in Barra and an ex-colleague who is now a nurse on Lewis, I know Skye, Mull, Rum and Eigg very well.

How to remove a '+' inside a square

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.