Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import all photos from iPhoto library

With Yosemite 10.10.3, I was able to import and upload all my photos from current iPhoto Library 2014 onto iCloud and into Photos App. But I have another iPhoto Library called iPhoto Library 2013 which contains all my 2013 photos. I had to stop that as earlier I had only 128GB SSD on my mac. Now, is there a way to get all those photos into the new Photos App?

I mean, 2014 library alone took me 2 weeks to get it all uploaded. If I switch library, it will start all over again I am afraid and it may eventually never merge into one library.

If answer is no, is there a utility that can open up my older iPhoto Library and pull all my photos out by events ? That way I can extract all the photos to external drive and then import them into my current library.

I even asked at apple store and the so called Genius said "Google it" ! 😁

Please let me know if you faced such a problem and if so what you recommend is the best solution!

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 8:06 PM

There are no replies.

Import all photos from iPhoto library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.