Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to take photo with iPhone, sync it to my Mac, then remove it from my phone only

I want to take photo with iPhone, sync it to my Mac automatically via wifi, then remove it from my phone only.

I thought My Photo Stream would do this, but there is no way to remove from iPhone only

I thought iCloud Photo sharing would do this, but i still dont know what it does.

Is there a way to take a photo on my iPhone, have it sync automatically to my Mac via wifi, and still be removable from my iPhone only.

Please, please please for the love of anything sacred, please help me with such a trivial setting. I know this must exist, but I cannot for the life of all things user friendly do it.

Cheers,

Will

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 8:18 PM

3 replies

Apr 20, 2015 11:36 PM in response to williamwong

Settings > Photos & Camera > iCloud Photo Library > On

Once the photos are uploaded to the iCloud Photo Library, they can be deleted from your phone without deleting them elsewhere

iCloud Photo Library FAQ - Apple Support

They also can be imported directly to your computer using a cable, then deleted:

iOS: Importing personal photos and videos from iOS devices to your computer

I want to take photo with iPhone, sync it to my Mac, then remove it from my phone only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.