Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unlinking an obsolete email account

Hi - can someone help?

My iPhone is still linked to an obsolete work email account to which I no longer have access and I cannot recall the password for the iCloud for that account. I have a current and active apple account and I want to link the iPhone to it so that I can use things like find my iPhone etc.

Can anyone tell me how I can get the phone to link to that account and away from my old work one?

You will have to take me through it step by step as I amn't terribly computer savvy!

Thanks

Malc

Posted on Apr 20, 2015 11:54 PM

3 replies

Apr 21, 2015 12:06 AM in response to MalcolmT100

If it is linked to an iCloud account that is through an obsolete email account then there may be an issue. If it is locked with the Find My iPhone lock then the password for said account is necessary or having access to that account to reset the password. If you don't have access to the account you can try to reset it with security questions.

http://iforgot.apple.com

unlinking an obsolete email account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.