Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stop logging out when logging in

When I log in and start using my Mac, all the applications start quitting and attempting to automatically log out. How does one stop this completely pointless Yosemite 'feature'?

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 1:20 AM

15 replies

Apr 21, 2015 2:08 AM in response to Nathan Jones2

Nathan Jones2 wrote:

As you can see, I couldn't even find Mac in there!

Nathan, what exactly do you mean by "you couldn’t even find Mac in there"......??

Also, in your previous post you were searching for Mac OS X 10.10 forum. So, I directed you to that forum but your saying its a Sign of a broken forum.....!!

What exactly do you want so I can help you....??

Apr 21, 2015 2:20 AM in response to Nathan Jones2

Nathan, you can go in System preferences and click on Users and Groups then click on Login Items tab and start adding items/applications which you want to be logged in during start up. Click on the small “ + “ button to start adding the login apps and the “ - “ button to remove the login apps during start up.

Hope this helps......

Apr 21, 2015 3:23 AM in response to Nathan Jones2

Nathan, your way of searching is completely wrong.......

You wanted to search for mac.... right.....?? But which mac....?? There are different categories in mac. First tell me whats your machine...??

First go to this page....https://discussions.apple.com/welcome

then select Notebooks and it will let you select your different mac laptops or else select Desktop computers and it will let you select your different mac desktops.

I hope your issue for searching Mac is resolved after reading this.

The same goes to Yosemite.

Select Mac OS & System Software and then select OS X Yosemite or any other OS X.

This is how a Mac or OS search on a forum is done.

Hope this helps.....

Apr 21, 2015 3:24 AM in response to Nathan Jones2

Nathan, your way of searching is completely wrong.......

You wanted to search for mac.... right.....?? But which mac....?? There are different categories in mac. First tell me whats your machine...??

First go to this page....https://discussions.apple.com/welcome

then select Notebooks and it will let you select your different mac laptops or else select Desktop computers and it will let you select your different mac desktops.

I hope your issue for searching Mac is resolved after reading this.

The same goes to Yosemite.

Select Mac OS & System Software and then select OS X Yosemite or any other OS X.

This is how a Mac or OS search on a forum is done.

Hope this helps.....

Stop logging out when logging in

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.