Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer from OSX Garageband to iOS Garageband?

Is there any way to transfer projects or even individual tracks from OSX Garageband to iOS Garageband?

I'm a guitar player and over the years I have laid down a heap of rough scratch idea riffs in Garageband for Mac, many of which I haven't progressed much beyond one or two short guitar tracks and sometimes a bassline.

I have also recently started a long-ish commute to and from work on the train & bus so I have a bit of time to play around with Garageband on my iPad.

I'd really like to flesh out some of the basic riff ideas that I've started in my OSX Garageband and see if I can add rough bass lines, drum lines and possibly vocal melodies (using the smart keyboard) to expand on what I have so far but I'm not sure if I can import Projects or individual tracks into iOS Garageband.

Even if I can't import full projects, I think I could still see some benefit from importing one track at a time, even if I have to import it as an audio file, rather than a track. Would there be a simple way to do this if I can't import full projects?

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 12:58 AM

4 replies

Apr 22, 2015 12:05 PM in response to funkywrench

You will need to make sure you mute the tracks you don't want to export then export the song into itunes from the iphone or ipad. After doing that you must do the following below:

Import a GarageBand for iPad song

1. Connect your iPad to your computer and open iTunes on your computer.
  2. Select the iPad from the list on the left.
  3. At the top of the iTunes window, click Apps.
  4. In the File Sharing area, select GarageBand in the Apps list.
  5. You should see the mp3 file there.
  6. You can drag it from there to your desktop.
  7. You will repeat this process for each track

Transfer from OSX Garageband to iOS Garageband?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.