Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP X Photo Browser: Albums not displayed (Window is black)

Can't browse my photo albums in the FCP X Photo Browser since update to 10.2. (applied all fixes).

The images of the current selected album are displayed (see image 1), but if I want to select another album I get a black window (see image 2).

If I click somewhere in this window, another album is selected and the photos are displayed. BUT: as I can see only a black selection window it's try-and-error which album I hit with the mouse.

User uploaded file User uploaded file

Before the FCP X upgrade, I migrated from Aperture to Fotos. Now I have two photo libraries (don't want to delete the old Aperture library yet).

User uploaded file

I wonder which library FCP X takes for the Photo Browser? Maybe this could be reason. But I couldn't find a place to select which library FCP X should take.

Anyone with a similar problem or hints?

Here is a short screencast:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wrvffuk2vco98ex/FCP%20X%20Black%20Image%20Viewer.mov?d l=0

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), FCP X 10.2. - Build Version 262455

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 1:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 4:06 AM

FFirst, try to pull down the separator bar between the images and the popup. This will give you more space to see the album content of the libraries.

5 replies

Apr 21, 2015 5:47 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Hallo Tom,

you are right, pulling down the separator bar shows now Aperture, Fotos and iPhoto and I can navigate to the events and albums in the different libraries.

User uploaded file

So it solved my problem so far, thanks! Didn't remember that there is a separator bar.

But if I select a library or an album inside a library and move the separator bar up again and click in the combobox, there still opens a black window.

But it's a minor issue for me now.

FCP X Photo Browser: Albums not displayed (Window is black)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.