Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is it normal for a macbook pro to run around 50 degrees celsius?

I have just bought a macbook pro 13' 2015 and was wondering if a macbook running at around 50 and sometimes around 70 while doing internet browsing is normal,one of the reasons i ask this is that on the technical details page it says that the operating temperature is 10 - 35 degrees celsius I am wanting to be safe as i just got this laptop and not wanting it to be a faulty unit. All answers are appreciated Thanks

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 12:31 AM

6 replies

Apr 21, 2015 1:31 AM in response to ALeekinmyboat

ALeekinmyboat wrote:

one of the reasons i ask this is that on the technical details page it says that the operating temperature is 10 - 35 degrees celsius

The 10 - 35 degrees celsius temp mentioned on the technical details page is the outside ambient atmospheric Air temperature and not the macbook pro’s inside temperature...🙂 🙂 No need to worry.

It depends upon the contains of the web page you are browsing. I have seen on my retina macbook pro the temperature above 60 degrees celsius if I’m browsing through heavy contain website or any parallax contain website. Also, if you scroll down quickly, the retina display has to work a lot harder to render those million pixels so in turn the CPU and GPU generates a lot of heat. Trust me its normal for a webpage to reach at 70 degrees celsius depending on the web contain as I myself am a retina Macbook pro user.

To be extra safe you can reset your SMC......

Resetting the SMC - A macbook with a battery you can't remove by yourself. (Built-in battery)

• Step 01. Shut down your MacBook.
  • Step 02. Connect the MagSafe power adapter into your MacBook. ...
  • Step 03. Press Shift + Control + Option + Power keys at the same time.
  • Step 04. Release all the keys from the keyboard.

• hope this helps.....

is it normal for a macbook pro to run around 50 degrees celsius?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.