Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

*Urgent Help Please. I purchased more GB (Storage) but it doesn't seem to appear on the Available Storage.

Purchase Receipt has been received. So how long does it take to sync and update my Storage Data? I could attached a screenshot here if it make more sense, but it doesn't have the option/functionality to do so.😕

Much appreciate for the urgent response.

Cheers,

MW

iPad, iOS 8.3, MD366X/A

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 1:20 AM

7 replies

Apr 21, 2015 2:59 AM in response to Johnathan Burger

Thanks for your swift response Johnathan. I understand now, but how come it doesn't appear on the iCloud Usage? I've restart numerous times and It still showing:

Total Storage - 0 BYTES

Available - 4.0 GB

I purchased 200 GB, it appeared one time and then went down as above.

Next question? - How can I extend the capacity on local storage?

Cheers,

MW

Apr 21, 2015 4:23 AM in response to MysticalWings

Hi there, the zero bytes showing is a glitch with iOS 8.3 on certain devices. If you tap on manage storage, the bar at the bottom of the screen should show how much you have available & the correct total storage. Your storage is still there, just not showing correctly on the one screen.

You can report the issue to Apple here:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

Apr 21, 2015 4:01 AM in response to MysticalWings

What you are seeing is a bug that a number of us have been talking about over the past few days. I only see the incorrect reading on my iPad 3. My iPad Air2 and my iPhone 5S show the correct readings. This one of the discussions that I have seen talking about this. I saw another one but, I can't seem to find it right now.

iCloud Total Storage incorrect

This is is the incorrect reading on my iPad 3.

User uploaded file

I have 20GB storage plan and this shows the correct amount of space that I have left.

User uploaded file

You can report this is a bug, as did those of us in the discussion that I referenced above.

https://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

You you cannot increase local storage on the iPad. There are WiFi drives that you can use to store content and then stream to the iPad, but you cannot increase the storage on the device itself.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/iphone/best-ways-get-more-storage-for-your-iph one-or-ipad-3579792/

Apr 21, 2015 4:44 AM in response to MysticalWings

Thank You All. 🙂

@ jazcan - I thought it would have been a glitch and would eventually reappear properly in the next few days...does it? If it doesn't then yes i will reach out to the global tech team. Thank's jazcan.

@ Roger Wilmut1 - that's a shame. I wish apple can do something about upgrading on local storage on a similar functionality as the iCloud. Thank's for the info Roger. I really appreciate it.

@ Demo - Yes, exactly like that. Thank you for the information, this is very helpful and useful. I understand now how it works since it's my first time with Apple. I will definitely look in to those links that you have provided.

Cheers,

MW

*Urgent Help Please. I purchased more GB (Storage) but it doesn't seem to appear on the Available Storage.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.