Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i undisable my ipod touch 32gb 4th generation

am having an iPod touch 32gb 4th generation its disabled it says try again in 23,666,345 minutes any help on how i can enable it again

iPod touch, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 2:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 2:32 AM

Disabled

Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.

iOS: Forgot passcode or device disabled

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

To restore from backup see:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

If problem what happens or does not happen and when in the instructions? When you successfully get the iPod in recovery mode and connect to computer iTunes should say it found an iPod in recovery mode.

If you previously synced to the computer then you may be able to recover use of the iPod without erasing the iPod by following the instructions here:

Disabled Recovery-must use syncing computer.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2015 2:32 AM in response to bbosa12

Disabled

Place the iOS device in Recovery Mode and then connect to your computer and restore via iTunes. The iPod will be erased.

iOS: Forgot passcode or device disabled

If recovery mode does not work try DFU mode.

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

For how to restore:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

To restore from backup see:

iOS: Back up and restore your iOS device with iCloud or iTunes

If you restore from iCloud backup the apps will be automatically downloaded. If you restore from iTunes backup the apps and music have to be in the iTunes library since synced media like apps and music are not included in the backup of the iOS device that iTunes makes.

You can redownload most iTunes purchases by:

Downloading past purchases from the App Store, iBookstore, and iTunes Store

If problem what happens or does not happen and when in the instructions? When you successfully get the iPod in recovery mode and connect to computer iTunes should say it found an iPod in recovery mode.

If you previously synced to the computer then you may be able to recover use of the iPod without erasing the iPod by following the instructions here:

Disabled Recovery-must use syncing computer.

Nov 10, 2015 2:53 PM in response to bbosa12

IF YOU ARE DISABLED FROM YOUR IDEVICE FOR A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF TIME DO THIS:

1. Enter DFU mode by pressing home and the sleep/wake button at the same time for 10 to 15 seconds. right after that, press the home button for 15 to 30 seconds.

2. Keep iTunes open until this pops up: "iTunes has discovered an ipod in recovery mode, it may need to be restored or updated."

3. Download a SIGNED IPSW from ipsw.me. (current version for 3gs and ipt4 is iOS 6.1.6, or you can also restore to your own IPSW.

4. IF YOU HAVE A DOWNLOADED IPSW FROM AN IPSW DOWNLOAD WEBSITE, press shift and click restore at the same time. mac: press option key and click restore at the same time. Browse for your IPSW. IF YOU WANT TO JUST CLICK RESTORE, click restore and then accept, proceed with the on screen instructions, and then it will install the latest version of iOS your device will handle.

5. Restore to the latest backup you have for your device.

6. Enjoy!

NOTE: Be sure you are on the latest version of iTunes!!!

Also, you must have a SIGNED IPSW, not an UNSIGNED IPSW! Or it won't work!

Nov 11, 2015 8:21 AM in response to thevistas2004

thevistas2004 just wondering why you replied? The poster already marked it solved over 6 months ago and yo did not provide any new information

thevistas2004 wrote:

IF YOU ARE DISABLED FROM YOUR IDEVICE FOR A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF TIME DO THIS:

1. Enter DFU mode by pressing home and the sleep/wake button at the same time for 10 to 15 seconds. right after that, press the home button for 15 to 30 seconds.

2. Keep iTunes open until this pops up: "iTunes has discovered an ipod in recovery mode, it may need to be restored or updated."

3. Download a SIGNED IPSW from ipsw.me. (current version for 3gs and ipt4 is iOS 6.1.6, or you can also restore to your own IPSW.

4. IF YOU HAVE A DOWNLOADED IPSW FROM AN IPSW DOWNLOAD WEBSITE, press shift and click restore at the same time. mac: press option key and click restore at the same time. Browse for your IPSW. IF YOU WANT TO JUST CLICK RESTORE, click restore and then accept, proceed with the on screen instructions, and then it will install the latest version of iOS your device will handle.

5. Restore to the latest backup you have for your device.

6. Enjoy!

NOTE: Be sure you are on the latest version of iTunes!!!

Also, you must have a SIGNED IPSW, not an UNSIGNED IPSW! Or it won't work!

how can i undisable my ipod touch 32gb 4th generation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.