Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My (2012) iPad has stopped working. It's battery does not appear to be charging

My iPad is less than three years old. It has been working very well during that time. I have always kept its software up to date. A few days ago it's battery appeared to be having trouble charging. All I see mostly now (when connected to my laptop or a battery charger) is a completely blank screen with the occasional Apple logo appearing for a second or two, the occasional illustration of the USB connector for another second or two or the occasional battery indicator screen showing a thin red line at the bottom (indicating no battery life left). When linked to iTunes I am prompted to "update" or "Restore" but the device is not being recognised so I can't take either of these actions. I am completely stuck. Our family has used Apple products for several years and this is our first major problem - they are normally ultra reliable. Anyone got any advice about this?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 2:26 AM

There are no replies.

My (2012) iPad has stopped working. It's battery does not appear to be charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.