Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Which type of imac do i need for monitor?

hey guys, i currently have a gaming pc and i need an apple computer so im going to buy an imac. I know that there is this thing called bootcamp to change the operating system in the imac to windows, so is it possible for me to use my gaming pc as the "spec" and connect it to the imac and use the imac as a display monitor only? And is it possible if i change it to window, to switch back to Ios?

edit:

some people say that only certain type of imacs can be used as a display monitor for windows pc. which type do you suggest me to use?

iMac, null

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 4:46 AM

4 replies

Apr 21, 2015 9:04 AM in response to argantara

1. Target Display mode only works between Macs. It does not work between a Mac and a PC.

2. Bootcamp does not change the operating system to windows it allows you to install Windows along side Mac OSx. It has nothing to do with your Windows PC at all. And it makes no sense running windows in bootcamp, only to connect to an other Winnows achine.

3. Mac computers do not run iOS, they run OSx very different.

4. You cannot use the Mac as a monitor for the PC directly. The closest thing you can do, is use Microsoft's Remote Desktop, to connect to the Pc from the Mac and view and control its desktop from the Mac.

5. Why do you want to use a very expensive iMac as just a monitor?

Perhaps if you tel us what the end goal is we may suggest a way of getting it done.

Which type of imac do i need for monitor?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.