Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have just updated my iphone 4s to the latest software and synced it with itunes. All my music was previously on the phone, but now many tracks seem not to be on the phone, despite the track title showing up. How do I get them back on the phone?

Music missing from iPhone 4s after update to IOS 8.3

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 2:19 AM

5 replies

Apr 21, 2015 2:29 AM in response to BarlowBoxo

Please, make sure you follow these instructions: Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB - Apple Support

Or, if you use Wi-FI to sync music, make sure you have it enabled on your phone and wait till all the music tracks are synced.

To set up syncing over Wi-Fi, follow these instructions: Sync your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch with iTunes using Wi-Fi - Apple Support

Apr 21, 2015 3:21 AM in response to D.Cohen

Thanks D.Cohen. I will try that when I am back with my p.c. I just wanted to check that this hasn't happened because I have enabled icloud? I did this for the first time at the same time I most recently synced the phone. I am hoping that I have not inadvertently stored some of the music in the cloud making it only available when I have a WiFi connection. I listen to music mostly in the car where obviously there is no WiFi, so if I have done something like that I need to reverse this action so I always have all my music wherever I am.

Apr 21, 2015 10:17 PM in response to D.Cohen

This really *****. I synced the phone again, but it told me it was over capacity by 22.37GB! I only have a relatively small collection of apps, and 24GB of music. I don't even use it as a phone, just an am ipod effectively. I started trying to cull some of my apps, even though their file sizes are small. Itunes said 'will remove' to those I elected to remove. Nothing appeared to happen, and I needed to stop playing with it and go to bed, so I shut the p.c. down. I probably interrupted it re-syncing as now I have no songs other than a few that I bought from itunes (purchased music) and that ****** U2 album that I didn't! Please help!

I have just updated my iphone 4s to the latest software and synced it with itunes. All my music was previously on the phone, but now many tracks seem not to be on the phone, despite the track title showing up. How do I get them back on the phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.