Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iPhone 6 was immersed in water. The touch screen doesn't work now

Hi My bottle of water spilled out into my bag and my iPhone 6 was immersed. I dried it out and it worked fairly well except for the video. After a few days it got cold in ny and now my touch screen doesn't react. I can no longer open my screen. Any suggestions.

iPhone 6

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 4:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 6:54 AM

Hi

i feel your frustration, the touch screen functionality on iPhone is essential for use , and if its not responding then its useless more or less

this link has some tips on how to resolve touchscreen issues If the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond to touch - Apple Support

Apple 1 year warranty does not cover accidental damage, like cracked screens, or liquid damage ,

the below link explains apple repair pricing if you were to take the phone to apple store

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2015 6:54 AM in response to mfromNYC

Hi

i feel your frustration, the touch screen functionality on iPhone is essential for use , and if its not responding then its useless more or less

this link has some tips on how to resolve touchscreen issues If the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond to touch - Apple Support

Apple 1 year warranty does not cover accidental damage, like cracked screens, or liquid damage ,

the below link explains apple repair pricing if you were to take the phone to apple store

Apple - Support - Service Answer Center

Apr 21, 2015 7:03 AM in response to spongebob1203

HI! I want to thank you greatly for your help. I managed to hold down the home button and sleep/wake at the same time for 10 sec until the apple appeared. At this point my screen started lighting up with the apple and then going dark every few seconds. I plugged my iphone in and my screen came on and I was able to swipe and put in my password to backup my iphone. I appreciate your response!

my iPhone 6 was immersed in water. The touch screen doesn't work now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.