Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After upgrading to yosemite my macbook pro late 2011 does a random sound from time to time.

After upgrading to yosemite my macbook pro late 2011 does a random sound from time to time. Its completely random and i already checked all apps in use and its not from them.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 5:18 AM

7 replies

Apr 21, 2015 5:38 AM in response to fakirzinho

In SystemPreferences->Notifications set "Do Not Disturb". Restart. Any change?

If not, can you describe the "sound" a bit better?

is it like a clicking sound? If yes, restart while holding the CMD+R keys, from the menu choose DiskUtility, it starts in the FirstAid tab: choose your start up disk, do "repair disk". See what the result is. Your disk may be dying.

Apr 22, 2015 12:27 AM in response to fakirzinho

Sounds like Notifications app.

Maybe some other app. In SystemPreferences->Users&Groups->LoginItems tab: remove all entries with the minus sign underneath. This will not uninstall anything, you have to start those apps by hand now. Restart.

Still there?

Yes: Restart again while holding the shift key, this will start the mac in SafeMode: only the necessary items are loaded to run.

Still there?

Yes: Make an etrecheck list and post it here.

No: Restart, put the items in the LoginItems back, one by one, restart after each entry, and you will find the "culprit"

Please report accordingly. I will be back in 24 hours.

After upgrading to yosemite my macbook pro late 2011 does a random sound from time to time.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.