Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xml.Exploit.CVE_2013_3860-1

Hello everyone - I hope that someone can help me here. I've not posted before, so please be gentle. 😊

The problem I have is after upgrading to the server 4.1 app last week, I noticed this morning that the weekly virus scan run by ClamXAV pulled up the Server.app itself as being "infected" with "Xml.Exploit.CVE_2013_3860-1". Having searched the web for the last hour I can't find anyone else who has spotted this so I figure it's just my system.

I'm certain this is something that has happened in the last week as it wasn't previously pulled up on the server 4.0 app when the scan was run. (I've included a screen grab of the offending line.)

Is it something that Apple had put in the software as reference or is it genuinely infected with something? Moreover, how would I go about patching this. Being a bit of a newbie, I have to ask would I have to remove the entire application and re-download it? And would this get rid of the offending item?

(I have read online that this is an xml exploit that affects microsoft .net stuff, which I'm not aware of using, but then, as I say, I'm not 100% certain how all the witchcraft that goes on behind the pretty window works, and hence I'm not sure if I should worry about it or not.

I'm currently using a mac mini server, with two internal drives, one for the system and one for the share. (The shared drive is unaffected)

Thanks in advance for any help and advice that anyone here can provide.

Cheers

ECDRTM™

User uploaded file

OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 3:07 AM

2 replies

Xml.Exploit.CVE_2013_3860-1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.