Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot upload photos to internet sites with the new Photo app (10.10.3 Update)

I'm not a huge fan of the redesigned Photo app that came with the 10.10.3 update. So, I can no longer upload photos from my computer to websites with this app. It's like the pictures don't exist when the window pops up for what files you would like to select. I have had to work around by dragging the photos out of the app and to my desktop, then upload them via the pop up window from there; that works just fine. Now I have duplicates all over my desktop cause I need them so frequently. All my photos and albums do seem to be in the app correctly, I just can't access them from other programs and the Internet. I run the latest of Firefox. IPhoto is still showing on my dock too, does it need to be there now that it has been replaced with the Photo app? I havent tried opening it, but I do know I cannot select any images from the old IPhoto when trying to upload to the Internet, the app doesn't exist in that situation. Even beyond upload to third party sites on the Internet, I had the same issue when I attempted to put my logo in to Pages to create a binder cover last night. I had to go do my work around again and drag my logo out of the program to the desktop. I have restarted the computer several times and have shut down nightly since the new update. What is wrong with this app?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 6:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 10:46 AM

Seems like a simple question

How exactly are you uploading?

And after you stated that you did not understand this simple question you answered it

And of course until you answered no one had any idea how you were doing it - there are many ways including many incorrect ways so in order to help we have to understand what you are doing - many times the answer is as simple and providing the correct method to replace the incorrect method that one is using

And iphoto of course still exists and is usable on you system - Photos was added - iPhoto was not removed with the upgrade to 10.103

You are not "forced to use Photos - in fact many people are not - I am not yet sure if I will or not

And the discussion on using the media browser is not at all irreverent - in fact it still works virtually exactly the same as with iPhoto - which is why I referenced it of course

And you spent so much time on weird and incorrect dribble that you failed to answer another critical question

what happens that you can not upload them?

WE can not see you and can not help unless you actually provide details and all requested information - you stream of incorrect statements and editorials not only do not help us help you, they create a major barrier to helping you

LN

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2015 10:46 AM in response to Halfmagic3

Seems like a simple question

How exactly are you uploading?

And after you stated that you did not understand this simple question you answered it

And of course until you answered no one had any idea how you were doing it - there are many ways including many incorrect ways so in order to help we have to understand what you are doing - many times the answer is as simple and providing the correct method to replace the incorrect method that one is using

And iphoto of course still exists and is usable on you system - Photos was added - iPhoto was not removed with the upgrade to 10.103

You are not "forced to use Photos - in fact many people are not - I am not yet sure if I will or not

And the discussion on using the media browser is not at all irreverent - in fact it still works virtually exactly the same as with iPhoto - which is why I referenced it of course

And you spent so much time on weird and incorrect dribble that you failed to answer another critical question

what happens that you can not upload them?

WE can not see you and can not help unless you actually provide details and all requested information - you stream of incorrect statements and editorials not only do not help us help you, they create a major barrier to helping you

LN

Feb 5, 2017 9:44 PM in response to trex_austin

trex_austin wrote:

Confirmed that by switching from Chrome to Safari i was able to see the photos.

You might want to reconsider using Google services or Chrome as your browser after reading these:

Google Chrome Listening In To Your Room Shows The Importance Of Privacy Defense In Depth.

Unseen Burdens in Chrome That Can Lead a Mac to Lag

How to Manage the Secret Software That Google Chrome Installs on Your Mac\

Google Chrome's Sham 'Do Not Track' Feature

Maybe it is time you actually read that Google Drive Terms of Service ...

Google is known to "phone home" with users data as was found out with this new Google Photos service: Google Photos may be free — but there's still a cost.

Just some food for thought.

Sep 28, 2017 7:11 PM in response to Old Toad

When I get to the screen you show above, and I click on Photos in the lower left, I get a completely empty field to the right, with the little cons for photo booth and photo, but not a single picture in sight.

I have not been able to upload a picture to Facebook or an email without putting it on my desktop or another folder from photos. I am also happy to see others having this problem.

I hope someone with more patience than Larry answers this. I don't understand the difference between iPhotos and Photos. I think this came with the computer I bought last summer.

I am tying to design some business newsletters, and need to be able to hurry this process along.

thanks to whoever can advise.

joe

Sep 29, 2017 7:48 AM in response to LarryHN

I decide I want to create a business event on Facebook. I click to add a photo. I m sent to a browser window with media on the lower left. I click on photos. A window opens with nothing in it. There are buttons offering photo booth and photos, but not a single photo apears. I'm not home to take a picture of it to out here. This has been going on for a while, but it was not an issue, because I wasn't doing advertising from my computer.

Apr 21, 2015 10:33 AM in response to LarryHN

HI Larry, thanks for your reply. However, I am do not understand your question at all. "How are you uploading them?" The standard way, exactly the way shown in the link you provided within your response. Also, iPhoto no longer exists with the 10.10.3 update. So that offering is irrelevant because we are no longer working with the iPhoto application (we are now required to use an application called Photos). I am sorry, but I can't find an answer within your reply.

Raphys... I am glad I am not alone in my struggle! I thought I was and had a unique experience since I couldn't find any other topics on it within the forum. I really hope to get this resolved because it is driving me crazy and makes my pictures useless!

Apr 21, 2015 11:37 AM in response to LarryHN

Larry, I am not quite sure where to start with you. Although I appreciate that you are attempting to assist, I do not appreciate that you have a very rude attitude when addressing the situation. It is completely unwarranted nor needed. No one is forcing you to respond to my inquiry if you don't like my response. My "dribble" (which was also rude) was actually very effective. I sincerely did not know if I was or was not accurately answering your question, as I do not feel it was correctly asked in the first place. I still don't understand it. So instead of being rude, why don't you explain better what you are looking for or referencing. I did give you all the appropriate info to start with, so I have no clue what you are talking about again.

As for IPhoto, I did manage to find it using Finder, under the Application tab. However, it cannot be opened and does not work on my computer. It pops up a window that states my photos have been migrated to the Photos application, then proceeds to open the new Photos app.

I am using Firefox 37.0.1 as a web browser. I do not and have never used the others you listed above.

On the web browser "File Upload" window, I am selecting Photos under Media. I can see the photos on occasion, it does not always bring them up though. Once I select an image, it refuses to upload it. If I try again, the image is gone and no longer shows in the upload window. It doesn't happen every time but happens about 98% of the time. It must be a glitch.

I would love to find a resolution but I refuse to have a petty fight over how you felt about a simple response that I genuinely didn't understand. If you choose to respond again to me like that... I will refuse to respond to you again in the post. Thanks.

Cannot upload photos to internet sites with the new Photo app (10.10.3 Update)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.