Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want purchase Final Cut Pro come out can't installed on Macintosh HD

Hi,

I need your help I want to purchase Final Cut Pro for my iMac 21" OSX 10.9.5, 31 GHz i7,16 GB and NVIDIA GT 750M 1024 MB when I try to install come out Final Cut can't be installed on Macintosh HD because OS X version 10.10.2 or later is required.

1.Is mean I have to upgrade to OS X Yosemite?

2.I done do partition? but I know how much size just half and half total 1 TB so 50% and 50%

3.I have Final Cut Pro Trial,i have to deleted or ..,

please any suggestion?.Thank you.

regard

Made Taruna

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Processor 3.1GHz Intel Core i7,

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 5:07 AM

2 replies

Apr 21, 2015 5:32 AM in response to Made Taruna Utama

You may be able to add a partition without erasing anything – depending on how your drive is currently partitioned and where the free space is.

You could download and install 10.10.3 and run a dual boot system. (It's how I'm currently set up, myself.)

You don't need to delete the trial, but you might as well. Just drag it to the trash if it's no longer being used.

Russ

Apr 23, 2015 7:04 PM in response to Russ H

Hi Russ H,

Thank You for time to reply my previous question.

so You mean I have download and installed OS X Yosemite first on my iMac to run a dual boot system.

I did make partition,I follow tutorial:larryjordan.com/articles/create-a-dual-boot-mac-os-x-system when I try purchase and install from App store come out massage:''Final Cut can't be installed on Macintosh HD because OS X version 10.10.2 or later is required.''so Should I do..?,Thank you.

Thank you for answer,question no 3.

note: I make back up file already for on external G-Drive.

I want purchase Final Cut Pro come out can't installed on Macintosh HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.