Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New to Mac. OS 10. iTunes has two libraries. This has locked the screen so that the menu bar does not display. Have down loaded iTunes and tried to delete the libraries but cannot reach them. Have also tried the Option open iTunes route. Nada.

Itunes has two libraries. This seems to interfere with the function as it will only do two things; show and empty library and another with the reduced page of the original. Both do not have the menu bar available. So I cannot manuver though any commands. Effectively it is locked. Have tried all of the usual suspects listed on the internet to including downloads. In windows I simply go to the files and delete. Tried that on the Mac but because it continues to run in background no deletions are allowed. And sometimes Finder will show iTunes files and sometimes not. Anyway to reset to default? Otherwise I would really appreciate any advice to help solve this problem. FYI i am a very very long time windows guy and very very new to Mac.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 6:08 AM

6 replies

Apr 21, 2015 3:48 PM in response to Limnos

I failed to mention I had tried what you suggested earlier. But as suggested in your recommended link that procedure did not work. I get two iTunes screens when the software opens. Have attached two jpegs for examination. That is what I can see and as you will notice the menu bar is not available. I do thank you for your assistance.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Apr 21, 2015 4:10 PM in response to Atravler

A menu bar is typically located at the top of a computer's screen, not on the application window, unless it is hidden by fullscreen mode.

User uploaded file

I don't use iTunes 12 but what you are showing looks like some kind of first start screen, not two iTunes libraries. One is offering to scan your computer for media as iTunes will offer when it has never been started before.

Apr 22, 2015 4:48 AM in response to Chris CA

I failed to mention I had tried what you suggested earlier. But as suggested in your recommended link that procedure did not work. I get two iTunes screens when the software opens. Have attached two jpegs for examination. That is what I can see and as you will notice the menu bar is not available. I do thank you for your assistance.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

New to Mac. OS 10. iTunes has two libraries. This has locked the screen so that the menu bar does not display. Have down loaded iTunes and tried to delete the libraries but cannot reach them. Have also tried the Option open iTunes route. Nada.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.