Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad won't open apps without crashing

Hi,

My iPad mini (1st gen) keeps crashing as soon as I open apps. I've tried resetting and turning on and off but this doesn't do anything. I'm trying to restore but iTunes say I can't because "Find my iPad" is turned on and tells me to turn it off in the iCloud settings on my iPad but obviously I cannot do this as the Settings app crashes when I try to open it. I am on the latest operating system (iOS 8.3)

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 6:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 10:20 AM

You should be able to do a reboot, hold both the power and home buttons until the apple logo appears, then release the buttons and let the mini complete its startup routine.

If that does not help, you can login to your iCloud account from a computer or another device that has the Find My Phone app installed, go to Find My Phone, and remove the iPad Mini from the devices list. That will free it so you can to deeper reset.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2015 10:20 AM in response to kieranc23

You should be able to do a reboot, hold both the power and home buttons until the apple logo appears, then release the buttons and let the mini complete its startup routine.

If that does not help, you can login to your iCloud account from a computer or another device that has the Find My Phone app installed, go to Find My Phone, and remove the iPad Mini from the devices list. That will free it so you can to deeper reset.

My iPad won't open apps without crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.