Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is all my space?

On the storage section of "About This Mac", it says that I have 127 GB of movies on my computer. I used the "All My Files" option on the Finder, took all the movies and put them in a folder to remove them to an external hard drive, but the folder was only 10 GB.

Is there some easy way to find all 127 GB of movie files? My hard drive is obviously starting to get too full, and I bought a second external drive specifically I could store the movies separately, but I can't find an efficient way to do this?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 5:49 AM

6 replies

Apr 21, 2015 6:05 AM in response to tchun005

The information in "About this Mac" is often very inaccurate. The overall total used space should be correct, but each segment might not be.

If you think you've only got 10Gb of videos (feature films are usually 1 to 2 Gb in mp4 format), then all is well. If you think you've got nearer 127 Gb, and can't find them, then use Spotlight to find them.

Apr 21, 2015 6:14 AM in response to tchun005

as benwiggy says.

You know where your movies are: go to the folder in Finder, select the folder, CTL+click it and choose "getinfo" that will correctly display the size of the folder and it's contents.

Or if you have them all in iTunes:

Open Movies, Menu "select all", in the bottom bar ("status bar") the total size is displayed. When you do not have a status bar: in the iTunes Menu, select View, and then select "Show Status Bar.

Lex

Where is all my space?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.