Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bose headphones remote control problem after update

Bose-true sound in ear headphones remote control is not working after ios 8.3 update...anyone help please? 🙂

iPhone 5, iOS 8.3, Bose truesound in ear headphones

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 5:35 AM

24 replies

May 19, 2015 3:29 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

I've already tried that, but unfortunately it didn't help 😟

I've also checked the headphone jack for lint, reset my network settings, and tried the headphones on other devices (unfortunately they're also running 8.3). The controls on the Apple earbuds which came with the iPhone work fine.

I know I could try a factory reset, but I really don't feel like it because restoring is a hassle...

Jun 23, 2015 9:52 PM in response to Filiq

I am having issues with my 3 button in line mic as well.

Klipsch R6i, iPhone 5S, 8.3

I went through one pair and returned them. On my second pair which quit working recently. On both pairs my 3 button mic stopped worked after a few weeks of use. Can hear sound through them fine from the Apple music app, podcasts, phone calls, and Songza. No functions work though. The 3 button mic on the standard iPhone ear buds works fine but I am having other issues with that pair as well.

Issues involving the default Apple ear buds involve random pausing of my music when I bend down or squat down and the phone is in my pocket. Also I believe somehow it ended my phone call twice. Phone worked fine with the ear buds removed after I had called back for the third time. I chalked that up to strangeness originally but then I was on the phone with my dad and the call ended abruptly after 4 minutes and my phone started playing Sean Kingston "I Can Feel It" over the cloud. Removed the Apple car buds, called him back, and continued to talk for 12 minutes just fine.

I have cleaned the head phone jack with the paper clip/scotch tape trick until it was coming out clean.

Jan 6, 2016 1:12 PM in response to N1K0R

Hey folks, just had this issue with my new pair of Bose QuietComfort 20 earbuds. The Bose remote could not control my phone, although the Apple earbuds still worked. I checked my headphone jack and found a bunch of lint! See picture. Bose controls work great now. Be thorough with your lint checks!User uploaded file

Bose headphones remote control problem after update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.