Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you auto-import jpegs to new photos app?

Hello,

I use Lightroom to edit and organize vast quantities of RAW pictures from my SLR. I now have the new photos app which does a good job of pushing the pictures through to my iPhone and iPad. Basically I want to select the best 5%-10% in Lightroom and auto export them out as JPEG for them to appear in the photos app.

I suppose what i wanted to know is - Do you have access to the masters folder for Photos now that its more cloud based than iPhoto? and if I literally dump a bunch of JPEGs into it, will they be displayed in the Photos library and in turn appear on the iPhone and iPad.

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 6:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 8:18 AM

No

You can use automation to import (haven't tested but Hazel should do it as should an automator script or AppleScript if you know how to program them)

But you do not directly put things into the database - they still have to be imported

LN

1 reply

Can you auto-import jpegs to new photos app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.