Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carplay maps quiet

Hi all,

I recently purchased a Pioneer SPH-DA120. It's a great unit except I'm having two sound problems with the Maps app navigation.

1. It's too quiet. Nothing I do seems to change that. Neither increasing the head unit volume or adjusting the source input volume on the head unit changes it. And on my iPhone adjusting the Maps volume (Settings -> Maps -> Navigation voice volume) makes no difference.

2. The turn by turn navigation doesn't interrupt the music/radio, so you can't actually hear the directions.

Has anyone else had this problem, or has anyone else got it to work as expected (correct volume level and interrupts other audio source)?

Thanks.

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 5:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 2:50 AM

I was helped to find a solution by CarSteroChick.com

http://www.carstereochick.com/2014/10/25/appradio-4-review-good-bad-quirky/#comm ent-46711

It's the 'Alerts' setting. When you adjust the main volume you will see 'Alerts' to the right of the volume level, adjusting this adjusts the Maps navigation volume.

1 reply

Carplay maps quiet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.