Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud Browser Support?

I am rather disappointed with Apple regarding browser use of iCloud on a PC.

The current System requirements for iCloud (https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204230), lists these requirements for PC:

• Microsoft Windows 7 or later
  • iCloud for Windows 4.0.2
  • iTunes 12 or late
  • Internet Explorer 10 or later, Firefox 22 or later, or Google Chrome 28 or later (desktop mode only)

Looking at the browser listing in particular (note I am running Windows 7 Home Premium on this machine right now):

• Internet Explorer 10 or later - I have IE Version 11.0.9699.17728 installed, but hate using IE for anything.
  • Firefox 22 or later - I do have Firefox Version 36.0.4 installed, but actually use Waterfox Version 36.0.4 (this is the 64-bit version using the same Mozilla base as Firefox, so the two update together. Yes iCloud does work in Waterfox, even though it is not listed as supported.
  • Google Chrome 28 or later - I have Version 42.0.2311.90 m installed and it works with iCloud.

Note: I used to also have Safari (Version 5.x whatever) installed, but Apple discontinued support and updates for it (which was a shame) so I de-installed it.

My question to the community is regarding Waterfox. Is anyone else using it with iCloud and are they experiencing any compatibility issues with it?

For information, I have just updated my iPad to IOS 6.3, turned on "Use iCloud" under the Control Panel, Numbers setting and tested editing one of my spreadsheets on both my iPad and under iCloud Numbers beta running under Waterfox, which (so far) all seems to work fine. I used to get a dialog box saying that it was not fully compatible in my browser, but do not appear to get that now (and anyway, there was no information on what might not work correctly).

I also have the iCloud for Windows 4.0.2 installed, with "Use bookmarks with: Firefox" selected (which actually syncs with Waterfox as well as Firefox and appears to still be working, although I need to double check that again.

It would be nice if Apple could test and (if successful) officially list Waterfox as a supported browser for use with iCloud.

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 8:14 AM

2 replies

iCloud Browser Support?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.