Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore New iPhone from back up - Music Download

I recently changed carries and restored the iPhone 6 I received from my most recent backup. After the restore was complete I noticed that only certain (very, very few) of my songs were downloaded back on to my phone. The others were listed but with the icon to download each individually from iCloud. My question is that while I am pretty certain there has to be a way to download in bulk all my songs from iCloud at once or at the very least download each artists albums instead of having to download each of the hundreds of songs I have individually, I just do not know where to this or how?

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 10:46 AM

1 reply

Apr 24, 2015 11:17 AM in response to nickh77tx

Hi nickh77tx,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you restored your iPhone from a backup and all of your music wasn’t restored. It sounds as though you restored from an iCloud backup. If this is the case, it can take some time for the restore to complete and download all of your music back to your iPhone. Please read over the attached article for further information.

If you need help restoring from an iCloud backup - Apple Support

Restoring my device from an iCloud backup is taking a long time

Restoring from a backup might take a while because of the size of the backup or the speed of the Wi-Fi network. For example, iCloud can take approximately 1 to 4 hours per gigabyte during a restore process.

There are several steps you can take:

• In iOS 8 or later, check the progress of the transfer on your device under Settings > iCloud > Backup. In iOS 7, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup. If the restore process is underway, the iCloud Backup setting is dimmed.
  • Make sure that your device is connected to the Internet with reliable Wi-Fi.
  • Make sure that your device is plugged in to a power outlet.
  • Check the Apple progress bar that appears while transferring a backup.

Best regards,

Joe

Restore New iPhone from back up - Music Download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.