Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Second Display resolution problem - Macbook Pro Retina

I have a new macbook pro retina and I've hooked up my second HP ZR2740w monitor to it and I can'd adjust the resolution so everything is about twice the size I need it.

I read this: Frequently asked questions about using a Retina display - Apple Support

and tried this:

I need a resolution for my external display that isn't on the list. Is there a way to get more resolutions?

Yes. Press and hold the Option key while clicking the Scaled button to see more resolutions. Note: If you are using OS X Lion or Mountain Lion, this is only available in extended desktop mode.

but the highest resolution option is gives me is 1280x720 which is way too big.

Is there any way to get more options so I can get this display working properly or am I SOL?

I have it hooked up using a Mini Display Port to DVI Single Link Adapter

Please help!

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 9:27 AM

12 replies

Apr 21, 2015 10:33 AM in response to lllaass

Monitor resolution is 2560 x 1440. Here is a link to see exactly what it is: http://www.microcenter.com/product/424524/ZR2740W_27_LED_IPS_Monitor

It's connected into the monitor using a display port connector. (the green cable in the pictures in the above link)

2560 x 1440 is the resolution I want and have it set to now using SwitchResX, but everything looks like crap

Second Display resolution problem - Macbook Pro Retina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.