Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

5s won't update because it does not recognize my apple ID

My phone keeps saying failed attempt when I try to update the software so I changed the password for my Apple ID turned my phone off and it still says failed attempt

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 8:00 AM

4 replies

Apr 21, 2015 8:05 AM in response to rlandmesser

Please check the error again. What exactly are you trying to do and at what point do you see an error. Failed attempt is not an error that I am familiar with, and what would make you want to change your password when you do not report that the error mentioned anything about a password. See this for properly constructing a question to get the maximum assistance you can.

How to write a good question

To help other members answer your question, give as many details as you can.

• Include your product name and specs such as processor speed, memory, and storage capacity. Please do not include your Serial Number, IMEI, MEID, or other personal information.
  • Provide the version numbers of your operating system and relevant applications, for example "iOS 6.0.3" or "iPhoto 9.1.2".
  • Describe the problem, and include any details about what seems to cause it.
  • List any troubleshooting steps you've already tried, or temporary fixes you've discovered.

Apr 21, 2015 8:13 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I'm trying to update my software to iOS 8.3 but for some reason whenever i type in my Apple ID it says failed attempt so i changed my password, and tried it again but it still won't update. The password works for everything else because i tried downloading an app with this password and it worked. I'm not sure if the update won't recognize the password or what.

5s won't update because it does not recognize my apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.