Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After upgrading to Yosemite (I don't have iPhoto anymore, only PHOTOS) my pictures will not import from my iPad or iPhone 5s or any picture from web, it shows "Database Error: failured to persist version"

After upgrading to Yosemite (I don't have iPhoto anymore, only PHOTOS) my pictures will not import from my iPad or iPhone 5s or any picture from web, it shows "Database Error: failured to persist version". Any help will be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 8:22 AM

You do have iPhoto still - it is in your applications folder

Is this the exact and complete error message?

"Database Error: failured to persist version"

LN

4 replies

Apr 21, 2015 10:57 AM in response to ilearn13

will any photos import? How are you importing from the iPad and he iPhone?

As to what's the difference? In What? If it is re the error message it is critical to have the exact error message - often the messages reported are done by memory or interrupted and without the exact error message it is not possible to help

LN

Apr 21, 2015 11:40 AM in response to ilearn13

Sorry,

Yes, the error message is exactly like that ("Database error: failured to persist version")

No photos will import at all. I use USB to import from iPhone 5s or iPad 2.

About the difference? iPhoto and Photos . Are there two softwares?

I also will like to merge and/or synchronize all my photos I had saved to iCloud backups, Macbook Pro, iPhone 5s and iPad hard drives using iPhoto. It's call iPhoto library. At one point I turned off streaming.

Thanks again Larry HN.

After upgrading to Yosemite (I don't have iPhoto anymore, only PHOTOS) my pictures will not import from my iPad or iPhone 5s or any picture from web, it shows "Database Error: failured to persist version"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.