Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Location

I have the most recent Ipod touch and recently I have noticed that the location services have not been working. I have location services activated in settings, but the iPod is still not able to find its location when i ask siri, for example, what the weather will be like. It also does not show up in "find my iPhone" services.

iPod touch, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 7:52 AM

6 replies

Apr 21, 2015 8:01 AM in response to Mannygom

Do you have it turned on in Settings>Privacy?

If you open the Maps app where does that say you are located?

For location the iPod uses the location of nearby routers that are in Apple's database of routers and their location. Thus it appears that Apple's database is incorrect. You do not have to be connected to the router, just within range.

Apple periodically updates their database based on information they obtain from iPhones, The iPhone has to have turned on the option to send info to Apple. No one has found another way to get the location of a router added/corrected.

You can confirm that by going to well-know place with wifi like Starbucks or McDonalds

Ipod Location

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.