Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 5S Can't charge "The charger is not verified ..."

Hey my iPhone 5S can't charge it says that "The charger is not verified and may not reliable"

It is now out of battery and in shut down

all i can see is now when i press the wake button the charging thing

I tried at least 7 cables now and none of them work

At first it was charging finely and after couple of days it begin to show this message

i already tried cleaning and asking at the apple store but it still won't budge

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 8:31 AM

3 replies

Apr 23, 2015 8:06 AM in response to Istihsan

SSame problem for me. It's one thing to block 3rd party cables but mine are all genuine and after installing iOS 8.3 none of them work. Why should I buy a new phone just because Apple want to stop use of third party cables? They tell me there has been moisture in the charging slot of my phone but if so that has only become a problem since Apple made it so! it is greedy and overstepping the mark when Apple deliberately introduces software which renders a perfectly good phone useless.

Apr 23, 2015 8:10 AM in response to Istihsan

Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on the phone.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

Alternatively, you may go to Settings - General - Reset - Reset All Settings

If this does not help, try these steps. Note that this may erase the data from your computer.

You need to restore your device to factory settings.

Take a look this Apple Support article:Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

Apr 23, 2015 8:21 PM in response to Istihsan

Hey guys,

i have met with this problem while using my iphone 5, others said that i bought the off-brand cable.

and there is code in iOS 7 that tells the firmware if there is an authenticator chip in the charger and only Apple USB chargers has this chip.

to fix this problem when you plug in an off-brand cable and a warning pops-up, you can do as the following:

Method 1:

Plug the USB cable to the wall-charger

Turn off the iPhone and when you see the loading wheel spinning, plug the charger in the iPhone

Let the iPhone be connected to the charger for a while. Don’t switch it on

After about 15 minutes, turn it on your iPhone. Dismiss the warnings

The charging should mostly continue without a problem

Method 2:

Plug in USB power to wall-charger

Then connect USB cable to iPhone

Dismiss any warnings

Unlock your iPhone so you get to the “Home Screen”

Dismiss any remaining warnings

Unplug the fake “Knock Off” USB cable

Followed by plugging it back in.

Dismiss warning again

It should now charge.

i did as the above method, and works fine. lucky you.

My iPhone 5S Can't charge "The charger is not verified ..."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.