Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook air won't print in colour?

Hi, Im using a MacBook air running OS X Yosemite 10.10.2 and it will not print in colour!! I've tried all the settings and reset my printer and readded it to the laptop but it just won't do it. Im trying to print on a HP Officejet Pro 8600 Plus. It's not the printer because every other laptop in the house prints fine and there is plenty of colour ink left. I've tried both wirelessly and by USB too, any ideas what i can do? Thanks in advance!

MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 8:54 AM

1 reply

Apr 12, 2016 9:04 AM in response to harleeysanderson

Found this on an HP website and worked for me!
After this, try printing and you have way more options for printing.

"I would also like you to try resetting the printing system and then re-adding the printer again, follow the steps listed below:

1. Click the Apple icon, and then click System Preferences
2. In the Hardware section, click Print & Fax. The Print & Fax dialog box opens (or Scanner)
3. Right-click (or Ctrl +click) in the left panel, and then click Reset printing system
4. Click OK to confirm the reset
5. Type the correct Name and Password
6. Click OK to reset the printing system. The Print & Fax dialog box shows no printer selected

Once the print system is reset you can click the plus ➕ symbol on the bottom left, if you have the option to click "add other printer or scanner" please do so (even if you see your printer listed as "nearby printer").

Now you can add the printer but be sure to add it using the HP L7580 driver not the Airprint driver:

I hope this helps, please let me know if you are now able to print in color.

Thanks,

HevnLgh
I work on behalf of HP"

MacBook air won't print in colour?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.