Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compatibility View of internet explorer 6 or higher websites

How do I view websites that are compatible to internet explorer 6 or higher on my macbook with Safari 8.0.3?

MacBook Air, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Apr 21, 2015 10:13 AM

2 replies

Apr 21, 2015 5:17 PM in response to bjsmac

If the Web site was merely created by a clueless developer then Kappy's answer is correct. There are some websites that insist on being displayed only on Explorer but don't really need Explorer. However, it is more common that the lazy developer utilized Windows only technology and the Web site cannot be viewed - or at least parts of it cannot be viewed - without Explorer. If this is the case you'll have no choice but to use a Windows solution. Though becoming increasingly rare this does remain a problem and it is one reason why I use Parallels Desktop with Windows 7 as a guest operating system. This lets me run Windows on my Mac while still using Mac software. Apple's BootCamp is another solution but it forces us to boot into either Windows or the Mac which I find inconvenient.

Compatibility View of internet explorer 6 or higher websites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.